At buddybuild, we believe that getting early and frequent feedback from users is a crucial ingredient to the success of any software project. Our mission is to remove the complexity of building, deploying and gathering feedback for developers building mobile apps.
Our users, like you, are developers! Thousands of them from around the world use buddybuild to build all types of apps - from personal projects to the brands / products that you know and love!
Just a heads up - we care *a lot* about the details. From pixel perfect user interfaces, to clear copy, to the deep thought involved in the hard choices that need to be made in producing software that people love, with elegance and simplicity.
Buddybuild’s investors include many of the best-recognized firms in the world, including First Round Capital, Bloomberg Beta and Amplify Partners. We’re also fortunate to have a great group of Angel Investors and advisors!
This position is on-site in Gastown (very close to the Stadium Skytrain station) and candidates must be in or willing to relocate to Vancouver, Canada.
Thank you for taking the time to read our job posting - we hope to hear from you soon!
Our developer support team is primarily responsible for making our customers successful. This is a demanding role that requires a broad skillset. Not only will you be directly responsible for keeping buddybuild’s customers happy and productive, but you will also spend time working with the development team to build new features before release. Your job is to ensure that buddybuild’s customers have the best experience possible.
We take customer service very seriously. This is not a mindless low-level job, but a position we consider essential to the company’s success. We have thousands of companies that rely on buddybuild as part of their development workflow and we want to provide the best service we possibly can!
Skills & Requirements
- 1-2 years experience building iOS or Android mobile applications
- BA/BS or MA/MS in Computing Science or a related field; that said, if you have a proven track record, let's talk!
- Effectively resolve customer enquiries in a considerate and timely manner
- Compose thoughtful, personalized responses for a variety of customer requests
- Triage incoming requests and spot trends in customer issues to flag for the rest of the team
- Identify, reproduce, and document bugs for the engineering teams
- You care deeply, genuinely and passionately about customer support and the role it plays in making a customer-centric company successful
- You have prior experience for developer support and you know how to do it well. You know that every bit of work you do makes a real difference in making a customer happy.
- You know when something is over your head and are not afraid to ask for help. You are skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly.
- You are a strong, confident, and exacting writer.
As a predisposition... you are:
- Exceptionally clever: You’re able to distill complex problems and propose simple, elegant solutions.
- Driven to get things done: Anxious to design, build, and ship solutions on aggressive timelines.
- Able to play well with others: Be comfortable in collaborative work environments with solid communication skills. You’re a great presenter, but an even better listener. We all strive to be humble to actively solicit and incorporate feedback.
- Different: We want unique skill sets, methodologies, working styles, and ideas. Up-level an already strong and diverse team and inspire the broader team with your expertise. Look for opportunities to work outside your comfort zone and learn from others.
- An ambitious malcontent: We’re dissatisfied with the status-quo in the world around us. We want to be constantly aware of the potential for improvement with a keen desire to help technology play a more meaningful role in people’s lives.
What's In It for You?
- A competitive base salary
- Stock Options
- Medical and Dental benefits
- A very flexible vacation policy
- Your choice of Apple hardware to get you started
- A beautiful office in Gastown
- Learning - a lot of learning! We’re a small company where there’s no shortage of different projects to work on
- A PDF of your resume
- a link to your portfolio/github where we can see some of the work you’ve done
- 3 things (typos, new requirements... really anything!) you’d change about this job posting